Located inside Amari Phuket Resort in Patong Beach
La Gritta is one of Phuket’s most romantic Italian restaurants, featuring authentic Italian cuisine inspired by homemade recipes from all regions of Italy.
Open time: Daily 12 noon - 11pm
Resevation: 076 340 112www.lagritta.com
• 800g boneless lamb shoulder
• 1 onion
• 1 carrot
• 300ml white wine
• 4 garlic cloves
• 1 dill branch
• 4 sage leaves
• Vegetable broth
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Pecorino Romano
• Cut lamb into cubes and marinate with herbs
• Heat the casserole with olive oil and garlic, add the vegetables and brown on a low heat
• Add the lamb to the casserole
• Cook till golden brown
• Add wine and wait until the alcohol part is evaporated
• Add salt
• Add stock and cook with a semi-open lid for at least 1.5 hours
• Boil the pasta in salted water and add to the casserole until cooked
• When ready, add the Pecorino and Parmesan to serve
About the Chef
Giordano Roscini, 40, is the new Chef de Cuisine of La Gritta at Amari Phuket. Roscini is a native of Amelia, Umbria – one of the most ancient towns in central Italy famed for its rolling green mountains, hearty food and robust wine.
Roscini will introduce new menus and elevate La Gritta's traditional cuisine with modern culinary techniques honed from his years at the one Michelin Star Casa Batavia in London. He's well-versed in picking the freshest and seasonal ingredients for special menus and sticks to the farm-to-table traditions gleaned from his formative years working in Umbria's farm hotels.
Roscini has been cooking since age ten. He found his passion for food when he started to cook for himself. At age 15, his culinary career took off after successfully running the culinary options for the Anita Hotel and the upmarket agriculturist restaurant at Agriturismo Piana Dele Selve Resort in Umbria.
For the past 20 years, Roscini has been working in Thailand and moving to Phuket was happenstance – an unplanned move that had unexpected but pleasant ramifications for his lifelong culinary journey.